About the Author
Dean Baker is a macroeconomist and senior economist at the Center for Economic and Policy Research in Washington. He wrote this for InsideSources.com.
- Counterpoint: Unemployment Benefits Should Depend on the Pandemic
- Severance Pay — Corporate Obligation to Long-Term Workers
- Counterpoint: Trump Never Cared About Deficits, and That Is a Good Thing
- Why Do We Want Canadians to Pay More for Prescription Drugs?
- The Reagan Tax Cuts — A Failure for Workers
- How Blue States Can Respond to the Republican Tax Plan
- Counterpoint: Debts and Deficits — Should We Be Worried?
- Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and the Economy
- Point: Shorter Workweeks Will Defeat the Robots
- Point: We Had Trade Before We Had NAFTA and Other Trade Deals