About the Author
Thomas A. Hemphill is David M. French Distinguished Professor of Strategy, Innovation and Public Policy in the School of Management at the University of Michigan-Flint. He wrote this for InsideSources.com.
- Infant Formula Crisis — the Perfect (Industry) Storm
- The Beleaguered — Yet Resourceful — American Consumer
- EU’s Digital Markets Act — Implications for U.S. Big Tech
- Shrinkflation — on Steroids
- New Competition for Pharmaceutical Benefit Managers?
- Encouraging Post COVID-19 Entrepreneurship: Overcoming Michigan’s Regulatory Barriers
- Over Tipping and the “Hidden” Costs of Electronic Payments
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Negotiations in Latin America: Why Hardball?
- The Biden Economy: A Future National Industrial Strategy?
- Sports Betting: Regulating a Growth Industry
- The Business Roundtable and ‘Stakeholder Capitalism’ — a Retrospective
- Capitalism — by Any Other Name
- Electric Vehicles — What Do U.S. Consumers (and Unions) Demand?
- Not a Shining Moment for Big Business
- Burnishing Big Pharma’s Tawdry Reputation
- A National Innovation Strategy? Support Grows
- Recreational Marijuana — the Industry’s Social Responsibility Challenge
- Payday Lending — Regulatory Reform and Emerging Competition
- Artificial Intelligence and the Antitrust Challenges
- Regulatory Overlap Reform and Federalism
- Autonomous Vehicles, Complexity and the ‘Big Picture’
- Washing Machines, Tariffs and the Oligopoly Problem
- Artificial Intelligence and Automation — the U.S. Manufacturing Challenge
- The Global Emergence of National Industrial Strategy — and America’s Response
- Autonomous Vehicles — Is the Consumer Bloom Off the Rose?
- Google and Its Perplexing Principles for Artificial Intelligence
- The STRONGER Patent Act: A Reckoning in Congress?
- A Welcome Respite for Autonomous Vehicles
- The Tech Industry, Responsible Innovation and Self-Regulation
Posted June 30, 2022 by Chris Woodward
Posted June 30, 2022 by Dan Ervin
Posted June 30, 2022 by J. Mark Powell
Posted June 30, 2022 by Karen Hobert Flynn
Posted June 30, 2022 by Iain Murray
Posted June 29, 2022 by Chris Woodward
Posted June 29, 2022 by Natalie Gonnella-Platts
Posted June 29, 2022 by David Haworth
Posted June 29, 2022 by Bjorn Lomborg
Posted June 28, 2022 by Gregory Bresiger
Posted February 03, 2021 by Christopher Maidment
Posted April 28, 2014 by Derek Khanna
Posted June 09, 2019 by Michael Graham
Posted September 24, 2014 by Shawn McCoy
Posted December 14, 2017 by Bill Kahn
Posted August 18, 2021 by Pierre Kory, MD
Posted February 12, 2015 by Britt Christensen, Ph.D.
Posted April 28, 2016 by Shawn McCoy
Posted July 30, 2015 by Bill Greener III
Posted June 16, 2016 by Carter Dougherty